Happy Mother’s Day is a special occasion to show love and appreciation to the most important woman in our lives – our mothers. And what better way to celebrate than with a homemade craft made by their little ones? In this article, we’ll provide you with easy Mothers Day craft ideas for preschoolers can create with minimal supervision. These crafts are sure to put a smile on Mom’s face and make her feel extra special on her special day.
Easy Mothers Day Craft Ideas For Preschoolers
Check out these simple DIY projects that your kids will love making for their moms…
DIY Flower Pot
- Small terracotta flower pot
- Acrylic paint
- Small plant or flowers
- Potting soil
- Have your preschooler paint the outside of the flower pot with acrylic paint in their chosen colors. Encourage them to get creative and add designs, patterns or even write “I love you Mom” on the pot.
- Once the paint is dry, help your child fill the pot with potting soil.
- Have them plant a small plant or flowers in the pot, and water it.
Sample message to mom:
“Dear Mom, I made this flower pot just for you! Thank you for always taking care of me and making me feel loved. Happy Mother’s Day!”
DIY Handprint Card For Mother’s Day
- Construction paper
- Washable paint
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half to create a card.
- Have your preschooler dip their hand in washable paint and carefully place their handprint on the front of the card. This will be the flower stem.
- Using their fingers or a paintbrush, have them add fingerprints or dots around the handprint to create the petals of the flower.
- Once the paint is dry, help your child cut out leaves from green construction paper and glue them to the stem.
Short message for mothers day
“Happy Mother’s Day Mom! Thank you for always being there for me and guiding me through life. I love you more than words can say!”
DIY Picture Frame mothers Day
You may like: What To Say On Mother’s Day Cards
- Cardboard or wooden picture frame
- Acrylic paint
- Decorations such as stickers, buttons, or glitter
- Photograph of your preschooler and their mom
- Have your preschooler paint the picture frame with acrylic paint in their chosen colors.
- Once the paint is dry, help your child add decorations such as stickers, buttons, or glitter to the frame.
- Print out a photograph of your preschooler and their mom and place it in the frame.
Sample message to Mum
“Mom, I made this picture frame for you because you mean the world to me. Thank
Printable Card to Color for Mother day
This free printable Mother’s Day card is an easy and fun way for preschoolers to create a personalized and heartfelt message for their moms. With just a few materials and some coloring, your child can create a beautiful card that will make Mom feel extra special on her special day. Happy crafting and Happy Mother’s Day!
Don’t miss: Printable Mother’s Day Cards To Colour PDF
Mother’s day card cut out
Download it below…
Download free mother's day card cut out
- Printable card template PDF below
- Cardstock or heavy paper
- Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
- Print out the greeting card flowers template on cardstock or heavy paper.
- Have your preschooler color in the card using crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
- Once your child has finished coloring, help them carefully cut out the flower pieces.
- Glue the flower pieces in place.
Free printable Mothers Day Crafts
- First-grade mothers Day crafts printable to Download below…
Download free mothers day printable card to color
- Free printable Mother’s Day card template (can be found online)
- Printer and paper
- Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
- Print out the free printable Mother’s Day card template on paper.
- Have your preschooler color in the flowers and other designs on the card using crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
- Once your child has finished coloring, fold the card along the score lines.
- Help your child write a personalized message to Mom inside the card.
You may like: Free Funny Good Morning Cards
These easy Mothers Day craft ideas for preschoolers are a fun and thoughtful way to celebrate the special bond between mothers and their children. With a little creativity and some simple materials, your preschooler can create a unique and personalized gift that Mom will treasure forever. Happy crafting and Happy Mother’s Day!
Mothers day poems for 4 year olds
My mommy is the best,
She hugs me tight and never rests,
She makes me smile and laugh,
And helps me when things are tough.
I love my mommy oh so much,
She’s my hero, my guiding crutch,
I hope this Mother’s Day she’ll see,
How much she means to little me.
You may like: Mother’s Day Poems From Preschoolers
Here are some frequently asked questions about Mother’s Day craft ideas for preschoolers
What activities can be done on Mother’s day in school?
A: There are many activities that can be done in school to celebrate Mother’s Day. Here are a few ideas:
- Mother’s Day Cards: Have the students create Mother’s Day cards for their moms. Provide art supplies such as construction paper, glue, stickers, and markers. Encourage the students to write a special message inside the card expressing their love and appreciation for their mom.
- Mother’s Day Tea Party: Host a Mother’s Day tea party in the classroom. Serve tea and treats such as cookies, cupcakes, or finger sandwiches. Have the students create place cards and decorations for the tables. During the party, have the students read poems or stories they have written about their moms.
- Planting Flowers: Have the students plant flowers in pots or in a designated outdoor area. This can be a meaningful way to celebrate moms and show appreciation for all the ways they nurture and care for their children.
- Mother’s Day Interviews: Have the students interview their moms about their interests, hobbies, and favorite things. Then have the students write a story or create a picture book based on the interview. This is a great way to celebrate moms and learn more about them.
How do you teach Mother’s day to preschoolers?
A: Teaching preschoolers about Mother’s Day can be a fun and meaningful experience. Here are some tips on how to do it:
- Read Books: Introduce the concept of Mother’s Day to preschoolers by reading books that celebrate moms. Some good options include “Love You Forever” by Robert Munsch, “The Runaway Bunny” by Margaret Wise Brown, and “Are You My Mother?” by P.D. Eastman.
- Create Crafts: Preschoolers love to create crafts, and Mother’s Day is the perfect occasion to make something special for their moms. Provide art supplies such as construction paper, glue, stickers, and markers, and encourage the children to make something unique and creative.
- Sing Songs: Singing songs is a fun way to celebrate moms and teach preschoolers about Mother’s Day. Some good options include “I Love You Mommy” by JJ Heller, “You Are My Sunshine” by Johnny Cash, and “My Mommy Comes Back” by Alesha Dixon.
- Talk about Emotions: Encourage preschoolers to talk about their emotions and feelings towards their moms. Discuss what makes their moms special and what they appreciate about them.
- Role-play: Encourage preschoolers to role-play different scenarios involving their moms, such as making breakfast in bed or giving a hug. This is a fun way to help them understand the concept of Mother’s Day and show appreciation for their moms.
You can see: Bingo Clipart Black And White Cards Printable
What can you make for Mother’s day out of paper?
A: There are many creative and beautiful things that you can make for Mother’s Day out of paper. Here are a few ideas:
- Paper flower bouquet
- Pop-up card
- Paper quilling art
- Paper lantern
- Paper collage art with magazine cutouts or scrap paper
- Paper mobile with hanging hearts, flowers, or other shapes
- Origami flowers, animals, or other objects
Don’t miss out on our latest news and updates! Follow us on Facebook and stay up-to-date with our latest posts.”
Visit Reddit.com to discover new communities and join conversations on a variety of topics