Riddles can be a fun and engaging way to challenge kids’ thinking and interest them in learning about animals and birds. Here are more than 30 riddles on animals and birds for kids with their answers. These are appropriate for kids ages 5-12.
Riddles on animals and birds for kids With Answers
These brain teasers not only entertain but also encourage curiosity and a deeper appreciation for the fascinating world of nature and its creatures.
Riddles on Mammals
1. I am grey and live in herds in Africa. I use my horns to defend myself. What am I?
You may like: Pet Animals Flashcards Printable For Kids
- Answer: Rhinoceros
2. What has a tail, whiskers, and says meow?
- Answer: Cat
3. I have tusks, a trunk, and large ears. Guess what I am?
- Answer: Elephant
4. I like bananas and swing from tree to tree. What am I?
- Answer: Monkey
5. I am brown and live in the forest. My antlers grow bigger every year. What am I?
- Answer: Deer
6. I have black and white stripes and a mane. I am the king of the jungle. What am I?
- Answer: Zebra
7. I am slow, have a hard shell on my back, and can hide my head. What am I?
- Answer: Turtle
Don’t miss: Guess What Am I? | riddles about animal
Riddles on Birds
8. I am large, white, and black with a long neck. I am known for my honking call. What am I?
- Answer: Goose
9. I am red, live in trees, and am known for singing early in the morning. What am I?
- Answer: Cardinal
10. I am a big bird that cannot fly but can run very fast. What am I?
- Answer: Ostrich
11. I have colorful feathers, a curved beak, and I am known as a symbol of peace. What am I?
- Answer: Dove
12. I have a beautiful, colorful tail with long feathers. I am the national bird of India. What am I?
- Answer: Peacock
13. I am small, chirp loudly, and like to eat seeds at bird feeders. What am I?
- Answer: Sparrow
14. I have webbed feet, a wide flat bill, and go quack. What am I?
- Answer: Duck
15. With a pouch on my belly and a long, strong tail, I hop through the forest looking for a meal. What am I?
- Answer: Kangaroo
Riddles on Reptiles
16. I am green, have a hard shell, and live in ponds and lakes. What am I?
- Answer: Turtle
17. I am a reptile with dry, scaly skin. I have four legs and a short tail. What am I?
- Answer: Lizard
Don’t miss: Wild Animals Trace Worksheets
18. I am long, move without legs, and flick my tongue to smell. What am I?
- Answer: Snake
19. I have a hard shell, spines, and can roll into a ball when scared. What am I?
- Answer: Armadillo
20. I am a large reptile with armor-like skin and a powerful jaw. What am I?
- Answer: Alligator
21. I’m slow as can be, I carry my house on my back, you can’t miss me! What am I?
- Answer: Snail
Riddles on Sea Creatures
22. I am huge and blue and live in the ocean. What am I?
- Answer: Whale
23. I have eight arms and squirt ink when scared. What am I?
- Answer: Octopus
24. I have a hard shell and pinchers. You can find me on the beach. What am I?
- Answer: Crab
25. I am a fast swimmer with fins and a tail. I live in the ocean and breathe through my gills. What am I?
- Answer: Fish
26. I have tentacles that sting and a soft dome-shaped body. What sea creature am I?
- Answer: Jellyfish
Don’t miss: Ocean animals flashcards printable Free
27. I have a hard outer shell and live in tide pools near the ocean. What am I?
- Answer: Hermit crab
Riddles on Insects
28. I am small, have six legs, and love flowers. What am I?
- Answer: Bee
Don’t miss: Riddles About Bees For Preschoolers
29. I spin silk to make my web. I have eight legs – what am I?
- Answer: Spider
30. I have wings, six legs, and a stinger. My home is a hive. What am I?
- Answer: Bee
31. I am red and black, have six legs, and can fly. What am I?
- Answer: Ladybug
Explore Sadeky website and discover related articles you may like!
- Easy Drawings Of Animals Step By Step
- Easy Animals Trace and Color Shapes
- Free Animal Crossword Puzzles Printable
- Free Farm Animal Bingo Cards
- Animal Activities For Kindergarten
- Free Cute Drawings Coloring Pages
- Free Cute Animal Pictures Drawings
Riddles on animals and birds for kids to use their critical thinking skills to solve puzzles and learn about animals in a fun way. The riddles covered a range of mammals, birds, reptiles, sea creatures, and insects. Getting kids engaged with riddles is a great way to spark their interest in science and nature.
Visit Reddit.com to discover new communities and join conversations on a variety of topics
Hit subscribe on our YouTube channel so our latest videos come straight to you. Be the first to watch new content – click subscribe now!